November is proclaimed Clostridium difficile Awareness Month – it is our time to make a difference! Join us with our global partners to “Raise C. diff. Awareness” worldwide!
The majority of patients diagnosed with a CDI have little knowledge or have never heard of a C.difficile (Clostridioides diffiicle, C. diff., CDI) infection.
With Your Help, We Can Change That!
Sometimes, even when they are told by their doctors of this diagnosis, the doctors can be largely unfamiliar with the impact of this infection or the treatments readily available, or clinical trials in progress to prevent and treat this infection.
This is astonishing. Why? Because a C. diff. infection impacts individuals differently today versus years ago. The C. difficile infection re-occurrence rates are greater today. Because C.difficile infections are not only acquired by a hospital stay and can be community-acquired. It is a global infection and not isolated to the senior population, however; seniors remain at a high risk of acquiring this infection.
There is more everyone should know about C. diff. — Over 41 individuals loose their life to a Clostridium difficile infection in the United States of America alone every day — It has no boundaries — It can be acquired by anyone – at any location and at any age.
This is why every day of every year we all work together making efforts to change that. Every year we make a difference. Every year we spread the education from villages to cities and advocate for patients and raise awareness of Clostridium difficile infection (C. diff., C. difficile, CDI) prevention, treatments, and environmental safety and continue moving our mission statement forward — a bit further than the day before.
“None of us can do this alone – All of us can do this together.”
Clostridium difficile (C. diff. C. difficile, CDI) has had an immeasurable impact on our families, our communities, on many countries. It is a leading Healthcare-associated infection (HAI) yet awareness of Clostridium difficile remains low among the general public worldwide.
Help us change this. Contact us and be part of the change TODAY!
- Draft a letter to your State Governor requesting a Proclamation for November dedicated to promoting Clostridium difficile Infection Awareness.
- Create Your Own Fundraiser!
- Contact Jennifer Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started on the fundraiser of your choice.
- Share the C Diff Foundation brochure (request your copies by e-mail) email@example.com A great guide to explain details about a C. diff. infection and data on C. diff. prevention, treatments, and environmental safety available.
- The Clinical Trials Page and www.cdiffclinicaltrials.com showcase Clostriidioides difficile prevention and treatment clinical trials in progress and enrolling patients and research-driven results.
- Personal Stories on C. diff. Survivors Alliance allow you to share your story, to help raise awareness about C. difficile infections, and to help raise funds for C Diff Foundation www.cdifffoundation.org
- Share C.diff. Global Community Support session information which is FREE and available across the USA and accessible from 57 countries to learn more about a C. diff. infection, Nutrition, and to speak with health care providers and fellow-C.diff. survivors to gain knowledge and have questions answered.
Social Media Involvement
Please join us and share YOUR story. Use these November Awareness campaign hashtags to spread awareness for November Clostridium difficile (C.diff., C.difficile, CDI) Infection Awareness Month.