1 to 4 Chicken Breasts (skinless/boneless)
2 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Salt – as desired
1/4 tsp Pepper – as desired
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Brush the chicken pieces with olive oil.
- Sprinkle one side with salt, pepper, as desired. Spices can be omitted or replaced with spices of choice.
- Place the breast in the air fryer basket seasoned side down. Then season the other side.
- Cook at 360° for 9 minutes (for 8 oz chicken breast). Then flip the chicken breast over and cook for another 9 minutes. Larger chicken breasts need more cook time, and smaller ones need less time. Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
- Open the air fryer immediately so it doesn’t continue cooking in the heat.
- * Food Safety: Check the internal temperature by placing the instant-read meat thermometer in the thickest part of each piece of chicken. The temperature should read 158°-160° F. If it is below that, close the lid of the air fryer to let the chicken cook in the residual heat for a few minutes (2 to 4 additional minutes). Then check it again with the meat thermometer.
- Place chicken pieces on a plate and loosely cover with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes. It will continue to cook in the residual heat (and the juices will go back into the meat). Then after 5 minutes take the temperature again. The internal temperature should not be below 165° F.
- Serve immediately, or prepare left-over pieces of chicken to be placed in the refrigerator immediately to be served within two days. Left-over chicken pieces can also be prepared for other recipes (e.g. chicken soup, chicken salad, chicken and pasta).
Additional Cooking Notes:
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Cook Temp & Times
Turn chicken pieces over halfway through cook time
(Your model and size of the air fryer may vary from this slightly)
Please check your Air Fryer Manual for cooking time and instructions.
Average Cooking Temperature and Times:
6 oz chicken breast 360° for 15 minutes
8 oz chicken breast 360° for 18 minutes
10 oz chicken breast 360° for 20 minutes
When cooking multiple chicken breasts at once, use the average weight of the chicken pieces added together.