On November 21, 2016 3M™ shared a press release introducing the
C.diff. Solution Tablets – EPA Registered to Kill C.diff. Spores in 4 minutes.
When most people think of hospitals, they imagine a safe, clean environment where patients can comfortably receive treatments in an effort to get healthy. However, in reality, hospitals can pose potential risks to both patients and staff, through the threat of infections caused by pathogens such as MRSA, E. coli and C. difficile (C. diff.).
Remarkably, C. diff contributes to nearly 29,000 deaths every year – almost matching the number of deaths caused by influenza.[i] Despite the prevalence of this organism, prevention and containment pose numerous challenges as the spores can survive for weeks on a large variety of surfaces.
To combat the rise of C. diff infections at hospital facilities, 3M recently launched 3M™ C. diff Solution Tablets, providing a proven, effective alternative to bleach and peracetic acid disinfectants.
Now available for use in the U.S., the new product delivers on effectiveness, efficiency and value, by providing the following:
- EPA-registered to kill diff spores in four minutes
- Effective against Norovirus
- Safer than bleach and peracetic acid, featuring an NFPA rating of 0,0,0 with no personal protective equipment required at use dilution
- In-use pH of 5.5 to 6.5, which is closer to neutral than bleach or peracetic acid
- Dissolves in approximately three minutes with a mild chlorine smell
- Tablets are available in two sizes for use in large and small containers
- The product can be applied with a cloth, wipe, mop, or coarse trigger sprayer, and will not bind to common wiping media
- Costs significantly less than ready-to-use bleach
- Yields a three-year shelf life in sealed packets, and seven-day shelf life when diluted and stored in a closed container
“We are excited to provide our customers with an effective solution for the battle against C. diff,” said Adrian Cook, product marketer for chemicals at 3M Commercial Solutions Division. “The reduction and prevention of infections is an important focus for our customers and we look forward to continuing our work in ensuring safe environments.”
In addition to the new product launch, 3M Commercial Solutions Division also announced the expansion of its Flow Control System product line through the introduction of four additional chemical offerings:
- 3M™ Quat Disinfectant Cleaner Concentrate 5A
EPA-registered disinfectant cleaner for use in hospitals. Kills HIV-1, MRSA, VRE, herpes simplex I and II and other pathogens. Rinse-free, pleasant fragrance. 0.5 gallon concentrate bottle yields 107 ready-to-use gallons. 4/case.
- 3M™ Neutral Quat Disinfectant Cleaner Concentrate 23A
EPA-registered disinfectant cleaner kills HIV-1, MRSA, VRE, herpes simplex I and II, and other pathogens. Rinse-free, low foaming, neutral pH formula. 0.5 gallon concentrate bottle yields 100 ready-to-use gallons. 4/case.
- Scotchgard™ Pretreatment Cleaner Concentrate 28A
Hard-working cleaner for heavily soiled areas of colorfast carpet. Use as a pre-spray prior to extraction or shampooing to loosen soils and stains. 0.5 gallon concentrate bottle yields 26 ready-to-use gallons. 4/case.
- 3M™ Bathroom Cleaner Concentrate 44A
Green Seal™ Certified bathroom cleaner. Removes soap scum and scale from bathroom surfaces. 0.5 gallon concentrate bottle yields 28 ready-to-use gallons. 4/case.
For more information about 3M™ C. diff Solution Tablets and the 3M Flow Control System, please visit www.3M.com/facility
All other trademarks listed herein are owned by their respective companies.
Source: 3M Company